Top 10 Travel Books that will make you want to get on a flight immediately!
We have compiled a list of the Top 10 Best Travel Books out there, for you to read, enjoy and feel inspired to explore the World!
1. Shantaram – Gregory David Roberts – A crazy and almost unbelievable adventure in India. If you have already been to India then you will be able to relate all of the characters to someone you met on your journey. If you haven’t been to India, you will definitely want to after reading this, so click here to check out our fantastic trips to India.
2. In a Sunburned Country – Bill Bryson – comedy genius … this will have you laughing all the way to booking your flights to Australia … Check out Australia for yourself!
3. Wild – Cheryl Strayed – a truly inspiring book that you won’t be able to put down, one woman’s solo journey trekking from New Mexico to the Canadian border. It shows you just what there is to gain from travelling.
4. Wild Coast – John Gimlette – From trekking North America to South America … this book is sure to tempt you off the beaten track, to explore some of the least explored countries of the world!
5. A Life of Pi – Yann Martel – Now I am not saying this will inspire you travel the oceans in a lifeboat with a tiger … but it will remind you of what an amazing world we live in … and maybe tempt you to explore the oceans yourself and learn to scuba dive.
6. Marching Powder – Rusty Young – Not a book for the faint hearted, but this true story of a British man locked up in a Bolivian prison. It is quite shocking … but it may leave you wanting to check out this fascinating country (but avoid visiting the prisons at all costs). Check out Bolivia for yourself on one of our amazing trips to South America.
7. On the Road – Jack Kerouac – Written in 1957 this is one of the original travel novels – and probably one of the best! This is a book that highlights how much travelling can develop your personal growth and make changes for the better!
8. The Alchemist – Paulo Coelho – ‘when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it’ – when this is a main theme of a book, why wouldn’t you want to read it immediately!
9. Eat, Pray, Love – Elizabeth Gilbert – Eat in Italy, pray in India, and love in Bali – 3 amazing destinations, it would be hard to not be inspired by this one. Click here to check out our amazing projects in beautiful Bali and start planning your adventure.
10. The Beach – Alex Garland – most have seen the film, but have you read the book? It is much better? Grab a copy and plan your own Thai adventure today!